Unity VR Developer (Austin, TX)
Banjo is looking for a full-time Unity Virtual Reality Developer to join the team immediately. This is a great role for an experienced developer who wants to build useful tools and engaging experiences for businesses and popular brands on immersive technology platforms. If you’ve been locked up in the game company cycle – crunch-time, launch, layoffs – this is a very different environment. If you’ve been cranking away at a big company working on monolithic bloatware, come play with the latest tech and deliver something new every few weeks that people will actually want to use (and you’ll want to show your friends).
Based in Austin Texas, Banjo builds VR/AR/MR experiences for consumer brands, large enterprises and not-for-profit organizations. Banjo was founded in 2016 to bring these incredible immersive experiences to a non-gaming audience.
- Develop virtual reality and augmented reality applications for HMDs, mobile, and web
- Mix of front-end and backend programming on various platforms and devices
- Rapid prototyping, full project development and implementation
- Work in a team environment (office off South Lamar)
- Participate in client-facing discussions and meetings
- Collaborate closely with other technical, creative, and PM team members, both internal and with partner agency or client teams
- Strong interest in building VR/AR/MR for business users, not just gaming/consumer apps
- 2+ years recent experience developing 3D projects in Unity (C#), preferably with some VR platform experience
- Familiarity with integrating third-party visual assets (3D models, particle systems, lighting systems, etc)
- Comfortable working in Agile, or sometimes just agile, workflows
- Comfortable working in an office environment
Nice to have:
- Experience as a developer in an agency, consulting, or freelance environment working with multiple clients on different custom software projects
- Recent, significant WebVR/A-Frame and/or UE4 experience
- Oculus, Vive, Hololens, GearVR, Daydream, and/or PSVR development experience
- Experience creating multiplayer games/apps (mobile or VR)
- Recent, significant experience with one or more AR platforms (ARKit, ARCore, Vuforia, etc.)
- Recent data visualization work, especially in 3D
- Shipped apps (mobile or VR)
- Enthusiasm for immersive technology (VR/AR/MR/XR) and experience with current VR UX concepts (teleportation mechanics, physics-based interaction design, etc).
- Familiarity with popular VR/AR frameworks (VRTK, NewtonVR, HoloToolkit, etc)
- Tinkerer, hacker, maker – this is a role and a company where you get to build cool stuff, and where we encourage experimentation
- Team players – no divas, no egos, no assholes, just collaboration, communication, and empathy
- Self-driven – not a lot of hand-holding here, but you’ll have all the tools and tech you need, and you’ll be encouraged to help shape the strategy for projects, and for the company
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO policy
- Casual work environment
Send us your resume and tell us why you should be the one to join the team at email@example.com.